Petition from Tomasa Salinog



March 29, 2007 (日本語はこちら)

Prime Minister Shinzo Abe,

I am Tomasa Dioso Salinog, 78 years of age and a resident of San Jose, Antique, The Philippines.

I was only thirteen years old and an only child and living alone with my father when Japanese soldiers forcibly entered our home in 1942 in San Jose, Antique. The soldiers killed my father when he tried to prevent them from taking me away.

For about two years I was kept as a slave to be raped and abused by Japanese soldiers. They took away the only member of my family. Alone, in abject poverty and with no one to take care of me, I could not go back to school and had to work in order to survive. The war and sexual slavery had destroyed my life and my future.

I am now old and my health is failing. The illnesses brought about by the abuse I suffered in the hands of the Japanese soldiers and the hard work in order to survive, persist and have become more serious.

Despite my poverty and poor health, I rejected the Asian Women’s Fund.The atonement being offered by the Asian Women’s Fund could not compensate for the violation of my rights as a woman and the grievous crimes that were committed against me. The government of Japan should be accountable for its responsibility for what the Japanese military did to my father and me.

I am appealing to you, Prime Minister Abe to acknowledge the truths we have told. This is the justice I have been longing and praying for. We are aware of Japan’s efforts for peace but there can be no peace in this world unless there is justice. I hope justice will come before I die . . .

Comments

Anonymous said…
join with me for the cyberwar with japan's right wing on the internet

I'm director of video of comfort women
my video address is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il0xCjBXTmM

please visit my youtube video channel and
link my video address to your site

I would introduce myself to you. I am now a webmanager the site of KOREASCOPE.com, which is aiming for anti-japanese.
I offer to you for joining hands with us for the cyberwar wiht japan's right wing on the internet.And You and us should inform the fact which japan had made big criminals in the past to the world people for the future of world. we need to deal with comfort woman issues together to fight effectively. Because of that, I boldly suggest to you having strategic cooperation between you and me. How about visit our site? The address is http://koreascope.com/
my email is koreascope@gmail.com. please contact me ASAP.
I amm looking forward to having a good response from you.
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Here I am, crying over your beautiful film. I have done a lot of work with Filipina Comfort Women and have come to love many of them as my own grandmothers. Your film is beautiful.

Of course, I will join the struggle with you and share your film with everyone I meet.

Thank you for finding me.

What shall we do next?

In solidarity,

M. Evelina Galang
Anonymous said…
hello,

i think lola masing is a relative of mine. my father was born in pandan, antique in what is now the leocadio dioso memorial library. he is the son of bienvenido dioso. we all have a responsibility for all our actions and to make others realize that they have it too. i am a soldier too and i don't know of anybody of my peers who will do or tolerate a similar situation.

major roman m dioso phil air force
diosky0712@yahoo.com