From a Student at VT


April 17, 2007

If you can, please send this information out to other schools as well. I've heard some rumors of some horrible hate crimes toward the South Korean community in UVA. I just hope that it was nothing more than a rumor.

Blacksburg will heal. The media doesn't exaggerate when they describe the tight-knit community. People are directing their strength and support outward, even to strangers on the sidewalk. And they look after their own families to make sure they are doing well. I've been going through an uncontrollable rollercoaster of emotions since finding out about the death of a friend of mine and I know I'd be much worse off if I didn't have my community to turn to. Everyone is doing the same with their own biological or makeshift families and while we won't be healed anytime soon, but at least for now we can be content with mending.

A Student from VT


Eric Byler is trying to reach Asian American students at VT right now by phone, email and Facebook, to begin a dialogue with them about what they need, how we, Asian American activists, can help them. If you know students at VT, please put them in touch with Eric. (ericbyler52@gmail.com )

Comments